User Registration Temporarily Closed- Recent Spam Attacks

Come here for the latest updates about the site, announcements, and news of interest/related to topics covered on the site. This is also the only forum you can see without being registered. Due to recent spam attacks, accounts must be activated by admin before sign-in is enabled. Register to see the rest!

User Registration Temporarily Closed- Recent Spam Attacks

Postby cat » January 10th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Hello all!

In light of the recent spam attacks, I have temporarily closed registration for new users. If a new user wishes to register, they can contact me directly to do so. Since we already had a Captcha on signup, I'm going to try and find additional countermeasures to apply for spammers. Until those are up, registration will remain closed to assure that none of the genuine posts get lost in the midst of electric cigarettes ads. :)

If your username was accidentally banned, then please let me know and I will re-enable your account. :) If your post was deleted in the crossfire, then I sincerely apologize and ask that you please post again. I'm not sure that I can return lost posts. Having said all of that, I think everyone's usernames and posts have been spared, with the exception of poor Aiofefa, whose account I have already re-enabled. :) Many apologies on that front!

Let me know if anyone has any ideas or concerns!

Cat
cat
Site Admin

Re: User Registration Temporarily Closed- Recent Spam Attack

Postby Nala » January 11th, 2013, 8:25 am

Thanks cat ;) you da best
Nala

Return to News, Announcements, and Updates