Welcome to Uzilu YourEatopia members!

Come here for the latest updates about the site, announcements, and news of interest/related to topics covered on the site. This is also the only forum you can see without being registered. Due to recent spam attacks, accounts must be activated by admin before sign-in is enabled. Register to see the rest!

Welcome to Uzilu YourEatopia members!

Postby cat » December 5th, 2012, 11:18 pm

Hello there everyone. I would imagine at this point that most of those arriving at this site are YourEatopia members looking for a place to go during the site hiatus. :) If that is the case, then I welcome you with open arms. I do intend for these forums to last beyond the re-initiation of Gwyn's forums, but as a self-love and awareness site and corresponding forums rather than an exclusively eating disorder recovery site. I did want to include those forums in case someone needs them in the meantime, but expect that they might be retired or consolidated once YourEatopia returns to service.

My reason for starting this site, though, was to create a place where those in remission will feel welcome and relevant. For some odd reason, once I got to the later months of recovery I became almost exclusively a lurker on the YourEatopia site. I noticed that while I could still post with advice and first-hand experiences, I was in a sort of limbo period as I waited for the day when I was completely sure of my remission. I am still in recovery, but I believe that I stayed more for the self-love and anti-thinxiety aspect of the website, and the familial feel of the safe-haven there.

Further, I took human sexuality and abnormal psychology classes this semester in which we discussed a lot of the effect of stigma, non-normative behaviors, etc on the individual. I noticed that a lot of self-esteem issues develop with the perception of the self within society. I developed self-hatred over the course of my teenage years, and I wanted to find myself again. Thanks to Gwyn and my wonderful professors I have begun to rediscover myself, and I would love to give that gift to everyone that I come into contact with, even those without eating disorders.

So without further adieu, I present Uzilu. I'll explain the name later. :)

Cat
cat
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to Uzilu YourEatopia members!

Postby Nala » December 7th, 2012, 11:43 pm

Muh dude. I've come up with 2 potentials for your name explanation that make no sense whatsoever, so please put an end to my madness when you get a chance :)
Nala

Postby cat » December 8th, 2012, 12:38 am

Hahaha will do! I would love to hear your theories though! ;D

I'm about to post an announcement. :P
cat
Site Admin

Postby Persephone » May 7th, 2013, 3:14 am

Haha! Looks like we're getting spammed again!
Persephone

Postby cat » May 8th, 2013, 9:59 am

Got rid of it and that guy! Haha. :) Were there any other places that he spammed?
cat
Site Admin

Return to News, Announcements, and Updates