New Uzilu Rules and Regulations + New Moderator!

Come here for the latest updates about the site, announcements, and news of interest/related to topics covered on the site. This is also the only forum you can see without being registered. Due to recent spam attacks, accounts must be activated by admin before sign-in is enabled. Register to see the rest!

New Uzilu Rules and Regulations + New Moderator!

Postby cat » April 9th, 2013, 1:33 am

Hello all,

I just wanted to announce the release of the Uzilu Rules and Regulations. We've recently reached an important milestone- 100 members- and I want to be sure that things are still able to run smoothly. :) I will, of course, still read every single post that comes through, but on the off chance that I am offline when something is posted that needs a TW, or if a spat arises and posts need to be edited, I wanted to enlist the lovely Nala as my first moderator.

I selected Nala because I've met her in real life, and we keep in touch both over e-mail and on GoogleHangout. Over the course of my recovery, we've become fast friends. She has, since the very beginning of her own recovery, had and incredible eye for disordered statements and is extremely understanding and committed to the process. She's also studying psychology, which gives her an understanding about the best ways to conquer disordered thought. Most importantly, she happens to be one of the strongest and sweetest people I've ever met in my entire life. :)

Having said all of that, there's no need to swamp her with a million "help me!" PMs. She's here to help me uphold the rules but I made it clear that she has no obligation to write long-winded posts like I tend to do. ;) She's still very helpful though, and I'm sure she'd be willing to encourage you if you need it. ;D

I've also, about ten minutes ago, released the Uzilu Rules and Regulations. They are, of course, subject to change, and I'd love to hear all of your opinions on how to make them better and more complete. Changes will be announced here, in the announcements forum, but they can also be tracked in the changelog at the end of the Rules and Regulations Thread itself. I will also post an [UPDATE] box in the topic line if there ever needs to be an update.

You'll also notice that the Rules and Regulations thread is global, which means you can access it from any forum. I didn't plan on changing this because I want to be sure that everyone gets a chance to read them (they aren't that long), as well as the disclaimer. From here on out, if you post on these forums, you have agreed to let these rules govern your posting habits. They're mostly commonsense things like "be nice to people" and "don't post sexually explicit things", but I still want you to read them and the disclaimer so that you know exactly what you're getting into. :)

Those found in opposition to the rules will have their accounts either suspended or banned. I know things can get heated and dicey when in recovery, so you are still TOTALLY entitled to your rants, just make sure you don't directly attack anyone, and put a trigger warning before the carnage. :) Also- when you are producing anecdotal evidence, make it completely clear that you are doing so. That's pretty much all there is to them. The disclaimer basically says- if you're concerned, go to a doctor. We can't diagnose you. ;)

Alright! I think that just about takes care of the business that I wanted to take care of. I'm on the lookout for another moderator, but I haven't quite decided who yet. I think one per 50 people is a good ratio, especially since some of our users don't seem to be too active and I'm on the site all the time already. There's no rush, but I'll let you guys know when I figure that out!

Cat
cat
Site Admin

Re: New Uzilu Rules and Regulations + New Moderator!

Postby Nala » April 9th, 2013, 7:41 am

Aw shucks you're the sweetest. I'm blushing.
Nala

Return to News, Announcements, and Updates