YourEatopia Forums are Live! (But Uzilu will stay open!)

Come here for the latest updates about the site, announcements, and news of interest/related to topics covered on the site. This is also the only forum you can see without being registered. Due to recent spam attacks, accounts must be activated by admin before sign-in is enabled. Register to see the rest!

YourEatopia Forums are Live! (But Uzilu will stay open!)

Postby cat » May 29th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Hello all! Just wanted to make a quick announcement to let all of our lovely members who have come from YourEatopia that the forums over there are now live again! I want all of you to know that Uzilu will remain open, as I had previously stated, and I will still be here as well as our small community for support for both eating disorders and the other issues labeled on the individual forums.

The new forums have different categories and like these, are for the most part closed to the public (Remission Accomplished forum as an exception).

Just wanted to let everyone know, since there are, I'm sure, many of our members here who were waiting for this day to come! :)

Cat

UPDATE: Wanted to also add that Gwyn will not be responding on the YE forums anymore. If you were hoping to get in contact with her there, one-on-one and question/answer are still available on her site!
cat
Site Admin

Re: YourEatopia Forums are Live! (But Uzilu will stay open!)

Postby Persephone » May 30th, 2013, 1:35 am

I've just watched the video. Seems G will NOT be responding to the forums, which was the main reason I wanted them re-opened. I'll just have to save up for one-on-ones! So, while I may use them, and with my forum addiction I probably will, I don't see them as replacing here
Still, it's a good sign that G is in a better place than she was.
Persephone

Postby cat » May 30th, 2013, 1:48 am

Definitely! I completely agree. I also forgot to add that as one of the updated items. In any case, I'm on the same page. I like what we have going here. :)

Also- can't wait for the book to come out! ;D
cat
Site Admin

Postby sunfish » May 30th, 2013, 8:07 am

So does this mean the archived forums aren't available an longer?? They were a wealth of information:(
sunfish

Postby Nala » May 30th, 2013, 9:36 am

Sunfish, so I think its a glitch but I found myself on the Archived Forums page when I first logged in but I can't seem to find them through the updated site. I did manage to grab the link before I lost it though

http://www.youreatopia.com/archived-for ... ginOk=true

Tell me if that works for you??
Nala

Postby Persephone » May 30th, 2013, 12:27 pm

I noticed that too and emailed Gwyneth about it. No reply yet. I'm assuming its a glitch.
Persephone

Postby Persephone » May 30th, 2013, 2:13 pm

She just confirmed its a glitch and says its now fixed!
Persephone

Postby acora » May 31st, 2013, 12:07 am

I really like these forums!
With so many forums going there could be a danger of spending all day on the net! lol
acora

Postby Ellevu » May 31st, 2013, 2:56 am

I'm excited for the reopening of the forums, although I expected that G wasn't going to post much (maybe I didn't think she wouldn't post at all :( sigh!). I think it's great that they're closed to the public - I didn't like when, in the past, some folks on CalorieCount linked to some threads and made upsetting comments. D: Also, I love everything about Uzilu and I've never considered it merely as a "replacer" :D it addresses much broader topics!

As for the archived forums, for some reason I still see them first thing after logging (to open the new ones I have to click on "forums" at the top). But I'm glad they're still there too!

<3
Ellevu

Postby Nala » May 31st, 2013, 9:48 am

Ah yes I agree with all you guys. I feel like these forums are helpful for people who are already 100% committed and well on their way. The emotional and life support I get from everyone here is so valuable and I don't believe there would be the same level of contemplation and reflection in YE since most of the individuals are still battling with taking the initial jump into recovery.
Nala

Next

Return to News, Announcements, and Updates